I needed to make a couple of birthday cards last week and here is one of my cards. I used the patterned papers from the Kaisercraft 75 cents collection, some Kaisercraft blooms (Sage) and a resin flower, some embroidery ribbon, a Kaisercraft Dressform, Kaisercraft flourish (Ice) and some bazzill card. I distressed the edges and added some pumice stone ink. This collection is really great for vintage style projects and has that lovely touch of green.
Over the last couple of weeks we have been getting some of the new stock I ordered following CHA in February. There is still lots more to come! If you want to know more about what is new in store you can check out the facebook page. I am not planning to post everything that is new, as I don't want to overwhelm people though.
I hope you had a relaxing long weekend,
I was very excited today to be able to try out the new colours of Dylusions Spray Inks and Distress Paints as well as a beautiful new paper doll stamp from Prima. So far I am loving the new colours of Dylusions, especially the white linen and I am looking forward to spending some more time using them. It will come as no suprise that I also really like the new distress paints too and also look forward to using them more too.
So for todays card I picked out some colours I knew I would like and went to work making this card.
It has been a little while since I shared a card using copic markers and I got a couple of new stamps this week. One of them was this gorgeous Flourishes rose stamp. I am really impressed with how crisp the image is when you stamp these stamps using Memento ink. Sometimes I have found that not all clear acrylic stamp work well with the Memento ink. I coloured in the rose using some reds - R32, R35, R37 (these are a blue red/like a cherry red combination) and also added some darker red using R89.
Today's project is a card made using Kaisercraft's Secret Admirer Collection, one of my favourite Dusty Attic Chipboard Hearts, some flower ribbon and some washi tape. I cut the card front from the piece of patterned paper and then I inked around the edges of the main 'panel' of the card using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and then stamped the script stamp using Jet Black Archival ink. The birdcage was from one of the collectables packs.